If you’ve tried and failed to establish a physical activity routine, it’s time to take a step on the positive side. The best way to start the process is to incorporate barbell exercises into your daily workout routine to get a full-body workout. It will strengthen your system and boost your metabolism, which will help you a lot in losing weight.
But you’re already off to a good start. By incorporating simple equipment into your workout routine, you’re all setting yourself up for success.
The barbell is the most essential piece of weightlifting equipment for an at-home workout. With this, you can build many types of muscle groups in your chest, arms, back, abs and legs. It is economical and easy to use as well.
Best Barbell Exercises for Fat Loss:
1. Barbell Squat Exercise
Back squats are the most basic strength exercise and are, by far, the most popular in gyms and weight rooms around the world. They are highly adaptable and can be used to boost performance or aid recovery.
Here’s how you do the back squat:
• For best results, you should make sure you stand with your heels in line with your toes.
• On your upper back, hold the barbell between your shoulders and your neck.
• Flex at the hip and bend your knees until you are almost seated.
• Make sure you’re not locking your knees at the end of the movement.
• Maintain the posture as you return to the starting position.
2. Floor Press
Lifters of all levels can benefit from floor presses to increase muscle mass, lockout strength and bench press technique. It can also be a big change for people who say their shoulders hurt.
How to do floor press:
• Lie on the ground with the barbell on your hips.
• Bend your knees, keep your feet flat on the ground and hold the bar at shoulder width with an overhand grip.
• Raise it above your head and then lower it until you lean back, keeping your elbows on the floor. repeat.
3. Shoulder Shrugs
If you want to strengthen your shoulder, neck, or upper back muscles, or if you want to enhance your posture, consider incorporating shoulder crunches into your workout program.
Here’s how you do shoulder shrugs:
• Grab the barbell with both your hands and stand up straight.
• While inhaling, raise the bar as high as possible above the shoulders, hold for two or three seconds and bring it back to the starting position as you exhale.
4. Barbell Deadlifts
Deadlifting is a compound exercise that engages most of your muscles throughout your body. This simultaneously helps you burn a large amount of calories as well as helps in muscle growth, which in turn burns even more calories and boosts your metabolism.
How to Deadlift:
• Stand with your feet hip-width apart and hold the bar at chest level with an overhand grip.
• Bend your hips back as if you were about to sit in a chair. Continue standing up and stretching your glutes.
• Repeat the exercise and then lower the bar to the floor.
5. Glute Bridge
The Glute Bridge with Barbell is a great way to warm up, tone, and strengthen your gluteal muscles and core.
How to Do a Glute Bridge Using a Barbell:
• Place a barbell pad around your bar to cushion your hips when pushing. Lie back on the bench with the barbell at your hips.
• Keep your feet firmly on the ground, close to your glutes. Engage your core and abs while pushing your hips up.
Tips for working out better:
• You warm-up: Always warm up before you start lifting weights. This will go a long way in warming up your muscles and avoiding damage. Before moving on to heavier weights, warm up with light cardio or a light set of each exercise.
• Breathe: Don’t hold your breath and make sure you’re moving through a full range of motion.
• Maintain your posture: Maintain your balance and protect your spine by paying attention to your posture and engaging your abs in every movement.
• Expect muscle soreness. It’s natural to feel sore when you try a new exercise routine.
Ultimately, our full-body exercises will provide a solid foundation for a building. Like our other objectives, they are simple and easy to get started.
These exercises are basic and straightforward, even if you are using various modifications of them, and they can be manipulated in many forms.